The part of the otherkin community that is active on tumblr has its own body of jargon. I probably don’t have any of their jargon in my glossary yet. Is there already a tumblr-specific dictionary of otherkin jargon that I could refer to? What are some terms that you think are unique to the tumblr otherkin community that you think my glossary should include?
I would make a point to be very, very clear that these terms are tumblr-only jargon either by segregating them into their own section or by making a note in each individual entry, so that the vocab guide does not inadvertently and unintentionally spread the use of such terms to the wider community.
Um, dude. While it’s useful and interesting to indicate what segments of the community various pieces of jargon came from, tumblr - for all its failings - is not like some kind of horrible disease that must be kept quarantined lest its icky words infect the (by implication “real”) rest of the community.
- silveth reblogged this from jarandhel and added:
- frameacloud reblogged this from jarandhel and added:
- jarandhel reblogged this from frameacloud and added:
- liminalbeast answered: liminalbeast.tumblr.com…
- roguesareth reblogged this from frameacloud and added:
- saol-draiochta likes this
- susitar answered: things I haven’t seen anywhere else: Kinfeels (not really sure about this one?), otherlimbs (instead of phantom limbs)
- roguesareth answered: Saying beings instead of people ( which I think is stupid) or otherlimbs instead of phantom limbs ( which I also think is dumb, also kinfeels
- frameacloud posted this